- Marco Poon Tsz Chung is studying BBA Accountancy and mentioned that accounting is the fundamental knowledge of business operations. His career aspiration is to become a professional accountant.
- Marco participated in the PwC STEM Challenge, which is an innovative case competition organized by PricewaterhouseCoopers. The challenge aimed to promote the firm's diversified digital services and demonstrate PwC as a promising platform for STEM talents to develop long-term careers.
- During the PwC STEM Challenge, Marco and his team applied their data analysis knowledge and skills to find business solutions. They tackled technology problems related to artificial intelligence in their budget approval system.
- Marco's team worked on a topic called "Local Application by Digital Maker" under the Customer Experience category. They integrated AI into the budget approval system, allowing AI screening before human judgment to enhance the approval process.
Business Solutions and Innovation
- Marco's team focused on coming up with business solutions related to Customer Experience. They designed and developed a budget approval system, streamlining the process and updating information on the firm intranet for better efficiency and colleague awareness.
" I want to be a professional accountant in the future. It is a good step for me to better equip myself for my career."
" My budget approval system can make the approval initializing by the AI screening before the human judgement and update all the information in the firm intranet. "
" We found a lot of online learning material, such as videos, websites, and online courses related to the fundamental programming languages "
" Seek and grab every opportunity proactively! Keep challenging your limit, nothing is impossible. You will know that life is fantastic! "
" The key is not to give up easily and cherish any single chance to improve all soft skills. We can have some reflection regularly to know anything that I can do better next time. "
"Dr Sunny Sun and Dr Hazel Lee inspired me a lot in my U-life. They were very kind and supportive and their personal experience and advice were useful for my future pursuit."
" I received loads of support and encouragement from my professors and teachers from the Faculty of Business. "
The pursuit of knowledge is a lifelong journey! To further expand your knowledge and continue your personal and professional growth. Click and explore the following learning resources: